If you have a WordPress blog then this update will be an important one for you. WordPress has released a security and communications update for their BlackBerry app bringing the version number up to v22.214.171.124. Due to these changes when you first use the upgraded version your app will transfer your credentials to a new, strongly encrypted storage model which may cause a need to re-add your blogs/sites. Because of these changes the WordPress developers decided not to include any other new features in this release to ensure a smooth transition to the new storage model.
Some of the other bug fixes include:
- You can now select which type of the Media API that should be used for uploading photos and videos.
- Added the Preview for Private Posts/Pages
- Improved the preview screen, which is now using the BlackBerry browser or any browser installed on your device.
- Fix for VideoPress issue when uploading multiple videos.
- Fix for app permission issues that could freeze the app if all permissions are not set to Allow.
- Fix for postID that are bigger than the XML-RPC specification.
- Improved the communication layer.
- Improved the XML-RPC calls.
- Fix for post/page comments setting that allow people to post comments on new articles created using the app.
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.