WES2009 NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
During the show, our WES blog posts will show up on the CrackBerry homepage with a prefix of WES2009:. With these posts varying in different blog post categories, we'll make note of all WES 2009-related posted here (as well as other links and favorite WES contest).
WES PRESS RELEASES - Monday, May 4th, 2009
- RIM announced the availability of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 , the next generation of RIM's secure, push-based server software for business mobility. BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 supports advanced IT administration features and smartphone controls that help improve the productivity of mobile workers and more effectively meet the demands of large-scale, mission critical enterprise deployments.
- RIM announced BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System (BlackBerry MVS) Server for Cisco® Unified Communications Manager, an enhanced version of BlackBerry MVS Server that is optimized for use with Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 6.1 or later. This product can make employees more accessible and productive by phone both in and out of the office and empower organizations to manage and control corporate voice services on BlackBerry smartphones.
- RIM's BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 has been awarded Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level 4+ (EAL4+) certification. The BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution is used by thousands of security-conscious organizations and governments world-wide, and has passed rigorous security assessments by some of the leading security institutions around the world, in addition to this latest Common Criteria certification.
- RIM announced the availability of a push API (application programming interface) that will enable BlackBerry platform developers to build real-time content into mobile applications, such as those with news, weather, banking, medical, IT services applications and games. Push is the technology that proactively delivers, or "pushes", data to BlackBerry® smartphones as it becomes available. It brings immediacy to mobile communications and content, preserves battery life, and minimizes data usage by eliminating the need for "poking" and "polling" servers. True push technology is unique to the BlackBerry platform and has been used to push emails to BlackBerry smartphones for more than 10 years.
- HP and RIM are establishing a strategic alliance to deliver a portfolio of solutions for business mobility on the BlackBerry platform, including CloudPrint for BlackBerry smartphones and HP Operations Manager for BlackBerry Enterprise Server, both on display at WES.
Follow the Crack Team on Twitter for Fun WES 2009 Coverage:
- Kevin Michaluk - @crackberrykevin
- Adam Zeis - @azeis
- Bla1ze - @Videos4BB
- David Boyd - @kasperapd
- and you can follow @crackberry for CrackBerry blog post headlines
And we'll leave the comments turned onto this page.... if you have any WES2009 requests, comments, etc., post them here and we'll do our best to getter done!
The BoxTone Lounge
The BoxTone Lounge is back this year with CrackBerry.com as a co-sponsor, and will be the place to meet-up and chill between sessions and events during WES2009. Birds of a Feather Sessions will educate as well as entertain, and there will be contests and games to keep the fun happening. Follow the links below to stay up to date:
BoxTone Lounge Pre-WES2009 Kick-Off Twitter Contest
Birds of a Feather Highlights
During WES, we'll be at the BoxTone Lounge during the Birds of a Feather presentations. The plan is to record them and get them up here so even after WES you'll be able to take advantage of the knowledge. Stay tuned!
Stay Tuned For More....