We've known this was coming for a while now and today is the day. Verizon and Research In Motion have just announced the availability of the BlackBerry Curve 3G for the Verizon network. The brand new BlackBerry Curve 3G will be available in business sales channels beginning Sept. 16. After that, it will be available for purchase online and in stores in the coming weeks. The device will sell for $29.99 with a new two year agreement after rebates, plus data plan. You can hit the jump for the full press release. Also, as noted in the press release the BlackBerry Curve 3G for Verizon will come in Charcoal and Fuschia red color variations and is most certainly BlackBerry 6 capable. Be sure to check out full review of the GSM version available here.
Verizon Wireless and RIM Launch a New Model of the Popular BlackBerry Curve 3G Smartphone
BASKING RIDGE, NEW JERSEY and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 14, 2010) - Verizon Wireless and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced a new 3G addition to the popular BlackBerry Curve family of smartphones. Running on the nation's largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network, the new BlackBerry(R) Curve(TM) 3G smartphone (model 9330) will be available in business sales channels beginning Sept. 16. It will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks.
Colors: Charcoal or Fuchsia Red
Key features and specifications:
- Stylish new design (4.3" x 2.4" x .55" and 3.7 oz.) with face finished in a mirror-like trim; black, soft-touch sides; and textured back for a comfortable, secure feel in the hand.
- 35-key full QWERTY backlit keyboard for fast, accurate typing and optical trackpad for easy and fluid navigation.
- Dedicated media keys integrated along the top of the smartphone, so music lovers can easily access their tunes while on the go
- BlackBerry(R) Media Sync to easily sync music as well as photos with the smartphone
- 512 MB Flash memory and microSD/SDHC slot that supports up to 32 GB memory cards for media storage
- Built-in GPS with support for geo-tagging and location-based applications, including VZ Navigator(R), which provides audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and the option to share the directions with others
- Built-in Wi-Fi(R) (802.11 b/g) for fast browsing; smooth music streaming; and the ability to talk on the phone while browsing the Web, instant message with BBM(TM) (BlackBerry(R) Messenger), and share location with friends on popular social networking sites
- Camera with video recording (requires a separately sold microSD card)
- Industry-leading BlackBerry e-mail and messaging capabilities
- Easy mobile access to Facebook(R), Twitter(TM), MySpace(TM) and Flickr(R) as well as popular instant messaging services
- Support for BlackBerry App World(TM), featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones
- Premium phone features, including voice-activated dialing, speakerphone, and Bluetooth(R) (2.1)
BlackBerry(R) 6 ready:
The BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone ships with BlackBerry(R) 5 and is BlackBerry(R) 6 ready. BlackBerry 6 is a new operating system for BlackBerry(R) smartphones that retains the trusted features that distinguish the BlackBerry brand while delivering a fresh and engaging experience that is both powerful and easy to use. BlackBerry 6 is expected to be available for the BlackBerry Curve 3G, upon network certification, in the coming months.
Pricing and availability:
The BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone (model 9330) will be available in business sales channels on Sept. 16, and it will be available online and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks for $29.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with an Email and Web feature or an Email and Web for BlackBerry plan. Data plans for the BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone begin at $29.99 when added to any Nationwide voice plan. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers can contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ. To learn more about the new BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone, visit www.blackberry.com/curve3G. For more information about BlackBerry 6, go to www.blackberry.com/6.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.