For all those of you out there waiting for an official OS release of 5.0 to show up on Verizon, good word has it you'll see it start rolling out on Monday. While we mentioned previously that the OS roll out was bound to happen we were not exactly sure which OS it would be. Just that it would indeed include Push to talk and of course be a 5.0 variation. We've seen some leaked OS' appear and it seems that OS 220.127.116.111 is the most likely candidate here given the info we just received.
BlackBerry Tour Software Enhancements Effective Date: 3/29/2010 On the night of 3/29 at 11:59pm, Verizon Wireless introduces a new software update for the BlackBerry Tour smart phone. Users will be able to upgrade their software to version 5.0.0 release 1002 (platform 18.104.22.1682/applications 5.0.0591) to receive new improvements and enhancements.Key Advantages:
- Camera - Smoother operation in both camera and video applications.
- Calling - Improved Bluetooth functionality for last number dialed, enhanced functionality for Voice Activated Dialing in both French and English, improved missed call log showing missed Call Waiting calls, and upgraded Call Waiting caller ID and call timer.
- Messaging - Improved functionality for reading, sending, forwarding, and deleting SMS messages as well as corrected in-box display when in holster.
- Bluetooth - Improvements in operation when using VZ Navigator
- Push To Talk - Push To Talk capability Software Availability The software upgrade will first be available to customers on the night of 3/29 at 11:59 pm via the following methods: OTASL (Over The Air Software Loading) OTA User Initiated / Verizon Wireless Network Pushed Process (Poke) / Web Based Software / Desktop Manager Software.
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.