Having issues with being able to integrate your Yahoo mail on your BlackBerry? You're not alone. The issue has arisen for plenty of folks in the CrackBerry Forums recently due to some changes made at Yahoo.
Unfortunately, there is a multitude of reasons an email address can't be added. Fortunately, though, a new BlackBerry Knowledge Base article takes them all into account so that you can handle the issue with whatever one best relates to your situation.
Attempting to add a Yahoo! Mail account on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7 and earlier, the following error message is displayed:
- Invalid email address or password. Verify your email address and password. If the error persists, contact yahoo.com
Attempting to add a Yahoo! Mail account on a BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry Hub for Android, one of the following error messages is displayed:
- Unable to find connection information. Please use Advanced setup.
- Your login information for account ([email protected]) has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again.
- Your account can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again
- Cause 1 - On BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 devices the authentication for Yahoo and Rogers accounts have changed.
- Cause 2 - The login information entered for the Yahoo! Mail account is incorrect.
- Cause 3 - Yahoo! is disallowing access to app's they believe are less secure. Full explanation for this can be found at the following link: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html
- Cause 4 - The Yahoo! Mail account is inactive. This can happen if the account was not accessed for a period of four months.
- Cause 5 - The Yahoo! Mail account is expecting a CAPTCHA response.
- Cause 6 - The Yahoo! account authentication token has expired.
- Cause 7 - The Yahoo! profile indicates that the user is 13 years of age or younger.
- Cause 8 - Second sign-in verification is enabled on the Yahoo account.
- Cause 9 - Yahoo! is moving towards a "Password Free" service and the authentication has to be done via a verification code.
- Resolution for Cause 1 - Option 1: Remove the Yahoo! Mail account from the device Option 2: Allow less secure apps
- Resolution for Cause 2 - Verify that the login information is correct by logging into Yahoo! webmail.
- Resolution for Cause 3 - Allow apps that use less secure sign in.
- Resolution for Cause 4 - Reactivate the Yahoo! Mail account. Contact Yahoo! for more information about reactivating the mail account.
- Resolution for Cause 5 - Login to the Yahoo! account via webmail to clear the CAPTCHA challenge. Sometimes this alone doesn't work and you can use the URL https://mobile.login.yahoo.com/ to login to clear the lock.
- Resolution for Cause 6 - Change the password to the Yahoo! account and wait a few minutes before attempting to integrate the Yahoo! account again.
- Resolution for Cause 7 - Update Yahoo! profile to indicate correct birth date.
- Resolution for Cause 8 - Generate new application password
- Resolution for Cause 9 - Verify your account after signing in
Note: The following email accounts are hosted by Yahoo!, and can be affected by the same integration issues that can occur with Yahoo! Mail accounts:
Note: In order to integrate a Verizon.net email account, login must be successful on the Yahoo! Mail page.
If the Verizon webmail login is successful, but logging into Yahoo! Mail returns the following error:
- Invalid ID or password
If the above error is seen then try logging in again using your full Email. Contact Verizon Technical Support for assistance to reset the password to the email account.
So there you have it. A full list of possible error messages, what could be happening and their possible resolutions to get things back up and running to how they should be. Hopefully, that will help some folks out. Though, maybe, you'll want to take this time to consider switching providers. Every day, folks in the forums seek help with their devices and out of all the email providers out there, Yahoo is consistently the one folks have the most trouble with whether it be setting up the account or the service just being down or otherwise unavailable in general.