If you've been itching to beta test some new software, the BlackBerry Beta Zone has now made available Twitter for BlackBerry v188.8.131.52. This release is meant to be a bug fix release with a lot of the work not visible to end-users but that's not to say RIM hasn't added some new features to the mix because they have:
- Follow/Unfollow buttons on user lists
- Improved support for expanded Tweets, including article summaries and photos (read more about this new functionality on Twitter's blog here)
- Drop down list buttons in options screen are not getting redrawn correctly when changing options.
- Right to Left - Following and all users button text clipped or not displayed correctly in user account options.
- Right to Left - Follow button and usernames are not reversed in lists for AR and HE on 5.0
- Outside interaction with Lists cause Internal Twitter server problem or loading screen indefinitely
- Unable to access UK English help All users/following drop-down menu doesn’t update while highlighted
In addition to this new release, RIM is also looking for suggestion on what else should be added to the app to make it better. They've set up a features request section on the BlackBerry Beta Zone site for you to submit suggestions and vote on already curated ones.
Enough of that though, hit the link below and start testing that baby out. And remember folks, submit feedback. It's all kind of pointless if you don't offer up feedback on how to improve the app.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.