Telegram for Android recently hit the milestone release of v5.0. Rather than a standard bug fix push, they went all out and redesigned several portions of the messaging app to improve navigation and the user experience in addition to adding new features.
New in version 5.0:
- Custom languages. Crowdsource a cloud-based language pack for Telegram using our Translations platform – then apply it in real time.
- Instant View 2.0. View web pages instantly with support for more types of content.
- New design for profiles, notifications and sounds, and general settings. Profile pages offer quick access to shared media.
- Crisp previews, increased loading speed and more info in shared content sections.
- Swipe navigation when viewing image documents.
To go along with the Android update, Telegram also updated their desktop clients for Windows/macOS/Linux, so if you frequent using those, you'll want to make sure you grab the latest builds unless you stick to the web interface.
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.