These days, it's pretty much an ongoing ritual when a new piece of technology hits the market. If you build it, someone will want to tear it down and that's no different when it comes to the BlackBerry Z10. Ottawa's TechInsights have now splayed all the key components of the latest BlackBerry smartphone for all to see. Overall, there aren't a whole lot of surprises to be found within but for those who care about the finer details, here's a list of what they found.
- Samsung K3PE0E000A - Multichip Memory - 2 GB Mobile DDR2 SDRAM
- Samsung KLMAG2GE4A - Multichip Memory - 16 GB MLC NAND Flash, Controller
- Qualcomm MSM8960 - Snapdragon S4 Baseband / Applications Processor
- Qualcomm WCD9310 - Audio Codec
- Qualcomm PM8921 - Power Management IC
- Qualcomm RTR8600 - GSM / CDMA / W-CDMA / LTE RxD Transceiver + GPS
- Texas Instruments WL1273L - Single-Chip 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN, Bluetooth, and FM
- TriQuint TQP6M9017 - Dual-Band WLAN Module
- RF Micro Devices RF7252 - CDMA/WCDMA BAND 2 Linear Power Amplifier Module
- RF Micro Devices RF7303 - LTE/UMTS/CDMA BAND 3 Linear Power Amplifier Module
- Inside Secure SECUREAD IC5C633I4- NFC Solution Module
- Avago ACPM-5017 - LTE Band XVII Power Amplifier
- Avago ACPM-7051 - Quad-Band GSM / W-CDMA Bands I & V Power Amplifier
- Sony CXM3582UR - SP10T Antenna Switch
- ST Microelectronics LIS3DH - MEMS Accelerometer
- STMicroelectronics LSM330DLC - 3D Accelerometer & 3D Gyroscope
- Synaptics Clearpad 3203 - Capacitive Touchscreen Controller
If you're into the nitty gritty details of how it all works together, TechInsights has a pretty expanded write up of their device on their site. You can hit the link below to skip on over there and check it all out. It's a pretty interesting read as they offer up some opinions on how the device stacks up against the likes of the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.