For those who use a Pebble or Pebble Time with their BlackBerry 10 smartphone will probably be using Talk2Watch Pro to get functionality out of the watch. With a dedicated and active developer, it really is the recommended app. The developer has been busy working on some updates and fixes and a new update has just been pushed. It brings fixes to the music controls where the play/pause button wasn't quite working as well as some nice new additions.
The update is v3.2 but the version number will show as 126.96.36.199 through BlackBerry World. The full changelog is as follows:
- FIXED: the Pebble Time firmware upgrade 3.2 broke the pause button in music control - it is working again
- IMPROVED: better app store performance with image caching
- ADDED: new email filter to hide the message body (only the subject is displayed)
- ADDED: timeline integration for watchapps (enable/disable pins and notifications via the app locker)
- ADDED: close confirmation dialog
As noted by the developer through the CrackBerry Forums, Facebook notifications is still broken. This is due to Facebook changing their permission management, though Benjamin is looking to resolve the issue. If you have any feedback for Benjamin or want to keep up to date with Talk2Watch news, he is active through the Talk2Watch forum thread.
As per usual updating is free. If you're looking to purchase Talk2Watch Pro it will cost you $4.99. It is available for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones. There is a free version but that will not work with the Pebble Time and does not include the Pebble appstore.