Hello CrackBerry Nation! CrackBerry - True Tales of BlackBerry Use and Abuse - Second Edition - is coming to your bookstore around the globe this fall. Myself, Gary and Martin are teaming up again to help the world understand why our BlackBerry's are so damn addicting. We enjoyed some success with the first edition and a great time putting it together. Now, we need you guys again. This edition will be bigger and better and will enjoy a worldwide distribution through Apress Publishing.
We need to gather some empirical data - some hard facts of BlackBerry use and abuse to add to the book. Over the next two weeks, we will post a BlackBerry Addiction Quiz and a Moral Inventory of BlackBerry Abuses. We are asking you, loyal CrackBerry readers, to take a few minutes and take the quiz and post your responses. Some will be chosen for the book. If your selection is chosen, not only to you receive fame and recognition - you will also receive a free copy of the book!
Hit the jump to take the CrackBerry addict quiz, then leave a comment with your score and tell us about your BlackBerry use. Score in the addict range? Let us know why you can't put your BlackBerry down. Not addicted? What are the secrets to keeping your use in check? Have fun and be responsible in your BlackBerry use.
Grab a pen/pencil (or just open MemoPad) and keep track of your answers. You can answer either yes or no for each question. When you're done, tally up all of your yes answers and see how you rate. Leave a comment telling us your score.
- Have you ever wanted to stop using your BlackBerry and found that you just couldn't?
- Do you think about using your BlackBerry constantly?
- Do you constantly check your BlackBerry, even when you know there is no new email?
- Do you ever sneak away from people or groups to use your BlackBerry without anyone knowing?
- Do you deny when asked if you were just using your BlackBerry?
- Do you have to check your BlackBerry before bed and immediately upon waking?
- Do you use your BlackBerry in the bathroom?
- Do you wish you could use your BlackBerry in the shower, too?
- Have you ever ignored others in a conversation to use your BlackBerry?
- Have you ever checked your BlackBerry while at a meal with others?
- Have you ever checked your BlackBerry while at a stop light?
- Have you ever read your BlackBerry while driving your vehicle?
- Have you ever typed on your BlackBerry while driving a vehicle?
- Do you check your BlackBerry while riding your bike, or walking on a busy street?
- Have you ever bumped into someone because you were paying attention to your BlackBerry instead of paying attention to others?
- Have you ever put down your BlackBerry swearing that you will not use it, and then find yourself picking it up again shortly afterward?
- Do you try to stop using your BlackBerry on weekends and on vacation, but just can't?
- Do you feel that you have to check your BlackBerry at least every hour outside work hours?
- Do you feel that you have to check your BlackBerry at least every 30 minutes during the work day?
- Do you use your BlackBerry even when you know there are no emails or calls that have to be answered before the next work day?
- Has anyone ever approached you with concern about your BlackBerry use?
- Do you have multiple backup batteries or multiple charging cables to be sure that your BlackBerry is never without power?
- Do you have a backup BlackBerry handheld, in case your current one breaks or fails?
- Do you spend more than 30 minutes a day doing anything on your BlackBerry?
- Do you play games on your BlackBerry (for more than 30 minutes/week)?
- Do you feel ‘lost' or ‘naked' when you don't have your BlackBerry with you?
- Do you feel hopeless about your relationship with your BlackBerry?
What was your score?
0 No Addiction (Are you being honest?)
1-5 Mild Addiction
6-10 Medium Addiction
11-15 Strong Addiction
16-20 Painful Addiction
20+ Beyond Addiction into Obsession (Get help now!)
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.