Stick Tennis is new for the BlackBerry PlayBook and what a beauty of a game it is. As free downloads go, this is an absolutely fantastic game which I have played before on Android. If you are after a realistic tennis game then Stick Tennis isn't it but it does offer great fun with nice graphics and super fast gameplay.
There are multiple opponents to play against, different types of courts and you can choose from a selection of characters to play as. If you are good at the game there are in-app purchases available (up to 32 levels), but I'm not that good at it - yet.
You control your player using screen gestures and taps. The different types of strokes you can perform are dictated by you swiping either left, right, up or down. It can get pretty fast and furious so be aware that you may get a bit frustrated - but if you ask me, that's what makes a great challenging game.
Stick Tennis offers the following features:
- WORLD DOMINATION (Levels 1-4): Start your quest for World Domination by taking on four of the greats from yesteryear.
- DAILY CHALLENGE: One match, one chance! A new challenge match is served up each and every day. See how you stack up in the worldwide rankings.
- CASUAL SETS TENNIS CLUB: Improve your game at the Casual Sets Tennis Club. Enjoy a hitout with the likes of Martina Shankitova as the Prac-O-Meter helps improve your timing.
Available in-app purchases:
- WORLD DOMINATION (All 32 levels): Can you beat them all? Do battle with 32 tennis legends - both male and female - in the ultimate quest to dominate the world.
- THE SLAMS (first round free): Pick your favorite seed and go for glory in the USA, England, France and Australia Slams. Every match is an exhilarating do-or-die clash - do you have what it takes to become a Slam champion?
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.