Star Player is a native BlackBerry 10 app for listening to music, watching videos, and streaming and downloading media files. What sets it apart, is how it continues to play media while minimized or when the device is locked. The developer teamed up with QtHelex to bring you a new and improved version which includes Bluetooth button controls for rewind jumps and a car "driving mode."
Below you can find the list of what's new in v1.31.
- Added Basic Touch Volume Control To Player For Non-Keyboard Devices (already have QWERTY shortcuts, see help section)
- Can now Add And Remove Playlist Items from inside the Player (Long Press on Item)
- Clean Video Picker will now remember your selected View
- Sleep Timer Action Menu Icon turns green when enabled which also fixes temperamental switch
- Optional Rewind and Forward Menu Items added to the Manage Player Menu Section
- Defaulted Sleep Timer to 5 Mins to prevent first use breakings
- New Car (Driving) Mode for Full Touch and Passport Devices, with Auto Play (Will Remember Position), Auto Play When Bluetooth is connected and more
- Can now turn off the Resume Last Playing Position Dialog but retain the auto resume feature
- Other internal changes
Star Player is available to download from BlackBerry World for $1.99. It is compatible with all BlackBerry 10 handsets.
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.