The BlackBerry is the smartphone king of shortcuts here are some favorites
Who doesn't love a good shortcut? Doing things the long way is the like paying retail, why do it if there is a better (cheaper) way. A while back I wrote about Auto Text/Word Substitution on the BlackBerry and there were some great comments from the community sharing their personal favorites.
I thought today I'd write about some of my favorite shortcuts on the BlackBerry smartphone, not necessary just though the Word Substitution method, but also a couple of old time keyboard combinations that some may find new to them or a good reminder for some of the old time BlackBerry users.
Built-in short cuts through Word Substitution:
- mypin - will show your PIN in a message. Very useful if someone email or SMS you asking for your PIN.
- mynumber - will reveal your phone number, a good feature for people like Bla1ze who never uses the "phone" part of your BlackBerry you may not remember what your phone number is.
- LD - inputs the current date into a message
- LT -inputs the current time into a message
- myver - great if people are hitting you up on Twitter or BBM wanting to know what BlackBerry handheld OS you're rock'n
- br - this will input an open parentheses
- rb - this will input a close parentheses
A few key combitantions that come in handy:
- ALT+SHIFT+DEL - this will initiate a soft reboot
- ALT+H - revels the Help Me! screen
- ALT+LGLG - shows the event log
On the last CrackBerry podcast the topic of keyboard shortcuts came up, so I thought this would be a perfect time to re-read Adam's roundup of BlackBerry shortcuts. Digging back through the CrackBerry archives can be an amazing adventure.
Do you have some favorite shortcuts? Leave them in comments as we all could use some more tips and tricks.
How to use Password Keeper on BlackBerry 10
Securely store all your passwords on your new BlackBerry 10 smartphone with Password Keeper
Dear Berry: How do I change the email address associated with my BlackBerry ID?
Hello my faithful CrackBerry readers and Happy New Year! Dear Berry is here again to answer any BlackBerry questions and woes that you may have. Let's open up the mailbag and see what this week's question is... Hi, I'm going to be switching internet providers which means the email address I use with my BlackBerry ID will no longer be available for me to use. How do I change my...
Got a new BlackBerry PlayBook for Christmas? Check out these guides to get started
So you got a new BlackBerry PlayBook for Christmas and aren't sure where to begin? Not to worry -- we have plenty of help and how-to guides to get you up and running. If you've never touched a tablet before or just aren't sure where to begin, we have plenty of info at hand to get you going. You can start with something as simple as finding a new wallpaper or jump right in to sharing...
How to make the most of your BlackBerry during the holidays
During the busy holiday season your BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry PlayBook can be your best friend. They can help you stay in touch with family and friends, get some shopping done, help cook up your favorite holiday dishes and even set the mood for family gatherings. If you have the right apps at your disposal, your BlackBerry can be an amazing tool to help you get through the...