It's been a while since we've seen a major update to the popular mobile security application. The folks over at SmrtGuard recently rolled out version 5.25 of their free and pro version for BlackBerry users. This new version comes with GUI enhancements, bug fixes, and some new features as well. If you're still deciding between SmrtGuard and BlackBerry Protect as a mobile backup and security solution then check out this post on the differences between the two.
- Added support for backup multiple contact list (OS 5.0 and higher)
- Added Remote screen capture and camera capture into Anti-theft feature
- Fixed a critical restore bug for user migrating from Android to BB
- Other GUI improvements
- Added My Account Screen within the application
- Improved SmrtGuard for BlackBerry running OS 6
- Updated with new and secure way to authenticate with Twitter (for Personal Guardian feature)
- Fixed issues with Call Blocker - Call Blocker will block without any short burst of ringtone and blocked calls will NOT goto voicemail
- Fixed minor issue with Email SPAM Blocker
- Added email notification for Audio Ping and Remote Lock and also record action as location history
- Added Application Notification on Home Screen if SmrtGuard finds any issue with backup and/or spyware scan
- Added GPS support (if available and enabled) to Personal Guardian along with the default network triangulation to determine location
- Added Twitter intergration with Personal Guardian. When Personal Guardian is triggered, you will have the option to send a post to your Twitter account with location links
- SimCard Guardian supports CDMA devices with SIMCards
SmrtGuard is available in two versions: a free one with basic features and a pro version which you can try for free for 30 days. It just so happens that a lifetime subscription to SmrtGuard Pro is the CrackBerry Deal of the Day for today, July 29th -- it is on sale for 50% off.
More information / download SmrtGuard from BlackBerry App World
More information / download of SmrtGuard from the CrackBerry App Store
More information / download SmrtGuard Upgrade OTA
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.