Picsel, a UK based mobile solutions company, have recently launched version 2.0 of Smart Office for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Smart Office is an app that allows you create, edit, print and also share Microsoft Office documents on your BlackBerry PlayBook. The latest update brings about a new Dashboard and improvements to the Document Info Views.
Other features of Smart Office 2 are:
- Save As PDF: Save office document in PDF format to your device.
- Timeline View: A unique view of your recent documents in date order. Document thumbnails are displayed with meta data.
- Document Info View: See important meta data, quick launch documents at any page and quick actions such as Copy, Rename and Delete.
- Cloud File Access: Download your files directly from Dropbox and Google Docs.
- Fully Featured Editing Suite: Smart Office 2 offers many new editing and view improvements.
- Load files, edit and send back while you're out of the office or in a meeting.
- Create new documents from scratch. SmartOffice is the only office application that allows you to create documents using a FREE set of preloaded templates.
- Smart Office is intelligent, it adapts to the device with UI included in the application developed to know whether the user is utilising a Tablet or Smartphone.
At the same time Picsel have launched a free version called Smart Office Lite, which essentially acts as document viewer. You're still able to view files via DropBox and Google Docs however you cannot make save any edits you make.
If you're looking for an alternative office suite check out Smart Office 2 or Smart Office Lite from Picsel. See it in action on the PlayBook below. The Lite version can be found in App World. If you want to get the full version you can upgrade from with the app. Keep reading for a quick info or to download.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.