They aren’t called convenience keys for nothing. They are what they are; convenient. Some models have one, but the lucky ones have two. They provide a one click access pass to an app, commands and more. The video above gives you a taste of what ShortcutMe 5.0 offers. ShortcutMe 5.5 continues to provide a doorway to multiple options, depending on the number of times you click on the convenience key. It’s not just a simple ‘click to access’ option either – you can use macros to create shortcuts to launch an application, as well as manage user interaction (navigation, selections, etc). This definitely puts a new spin on what we consider convenient. Think of the time you will save by eliminating steps in everyday actions you do on your BlackBerry. What would you do with your extra time? Well, you could use that additional time to visit CrackBerry.com.
New features in 5.5:
- New macros are added, including: Launch, PasteFromCB (clipboard), Unlock and Call
- Scheduled Launching based on days of the week (Schedule a shortcut to launch at a specific time of a specific day of the week)
- Increased number of Scheduled Launching shortcuts to 10
- Scheduled Launch Shortcut after a device reboot (Allows to launch a shortcut at a specific time after a device reboot)
- Added SCM_CommonConfig, SCM_ScheduledL, SCM_SystemMenu, SCM_AddNewApp, SCM_DirectLaunch(Create a shortcut, a multiclick shortcut, or a BB system menu to open a specific page of ShortcutMe)
- Added "Set Category Color" menu Item (Allows setting the color for all items in a Category by one click)
- Removed Options_Sub2Page, Options_SubPage, AirPlaneMode_Toggle (All of these can easily be created by user using macros)
- Added Duplicate menu item (Allows duplicating/copying a shortcut)
For today only, ShortcutMe is available for 50% off (regular price is $4.99- you do the math!). You can pick up ShortcutMe from the CrackBerry App Store
More information/download ShortcutMe for BlackBerry smartphones
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.