As expected, Research In Motion has been sending out scheduled maintenance notifications to admins and carriers as they prepare to roll BIS 3.0 to North American users (view BIS 3.0 feature doc). Dates and timeframes are as follows, so you can all prepare for the inevitable loss of data connections:
- There will be scheduled network maintenance by Research In Motion (RIM) affecting BIS customers between 0100 CT / 0200 EDT on March 28th and 0500 CT / 0600 EDT on March 28th.
- Blackberry will be performing a BlackBerry Internet Service v2.8 upgrade to BlackBerry Internet Service v3.0
- BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to send or receive messages using their BlackBerry hosted email account or integrated third-party email accounts, view email attachments, activate email service, or request to see ""more"" text during the maintenance.
- Wireless service providers and device resellers may be unable to create subscriber accounts or provision services for subscribers.
- The estimated duration of impact is 4 hours and affects 100% of BIS customers.
Even with 100% of all BIS customers without data, the real overall impact shouldn't be that bad. Considering most normal people sleep during the timeframe anyways. If all goes well, when ya get up we should have some BIS 3.0 action going on. Thanks to all those who sent this in.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.