Looking for a new app this weekend? This is an app that has been regularly updated the past few months, showing a very dedicated developer - which I welcome very much. It's an app I use daily and it really is nice to see it still gets some love from the developer. If you don't know what it is all about, ReadItNow! is a third party Pocket client that allows you to save articles to read later. You can tag articles to find them quickly and they sync to your account so you can access your unread articles whatever device you use.
This latest update brings a handful of things. Some new things, as well as bug fixes and improvements.
- NEW: added grid theme "cover" style!
- NEW: showing scrollbars in article view (thanks to Daan Fransen!)
- NEW: added welcome article to reading list, on installation
- NEW: showing approx. reading time
- IMPROVED: article list will now load more articles automatically when you scroll down and reach a specific position
- IMPROVED: made it easier to ignore future reading suggestions
- IMPROVED: handling on sync issues
- IMPROVED: bigger icons on the BlackBerry Passport
- BUGFIX: critical issue where articles moved to archive on other devices didn't get updated locally!
- BUGFIX: sometimes thumbnails didn't get downloaded
- BUGFIX: refreshing local article
- BUGFIX: possible issue with duplicated articles
- BUGFIX: some weird images let the app crash (thanks to Dinis Lage)
- BUGFIX: some layout issues in article view
As usual, the update is free if you already own the app. If you don't already own the app, you can download it for $1.99. ReadItNow! is available for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones and is well worth the money. As you can see, it regularly gets an update.