If you've taken a walk on the minimalist side like some folks in the CrackBerry Forums have and added the BlackBerry Secured Punkt MP02 to your device collection, you can now download the first update of the MP02's firmware, which helps clean up some quirks in the initial software release. Luckily, Punkt has made it very clear about what has been fixed through their extensive changelog while also noting what still remains problematic.
With this software release we have had to prioritise some issues above others, and there are a significant number of issues that have not been fixed this time round.
Software Release v01.02.0051
- APN network settings: it is now possible to edit "authentication type".
- Text messaging: the New message contact in New Message Shortcut now correctly displays the message recipient's name
- Text messaging: it is now possible to use the 'use content' option to save the contact information of a text message sender to Contacts.
- UI language: a significant amount of UI language corrections have been made in this software release – others are still being worked on.
- Manual setting of date/time in German has been fixed.
- The Note reminder notification that remained on even when the phone was in standby has been fixed.
- Various bugs related to random speed and call dialling.
- Battery life: there has been a moderate improvement in battery life issues. This is a priority issue for all future software updates.
- Text messaging: there is a stability increase in the message feature crash occurring in random text input.
- In Italian, the tethering on/off switch in the rapid-access Status menu (reached by pressing the Up arrow) has been fixed for connection via Wi-Fi, but not yet for USB and Bluetooth tethering. As a workaround the tethering on/off switch in the - Connectivity menu can be used for all tethering connection options (reached by pressing the Punkt button, and then Settings).
- UI text change in Alarm settings for the majority of supported languages.
- UI language corrections in most mis‑spelt country names.
- Improvements in the Call History issue which was calling the last person listed instead of the selected contact.
Known issues not fixed in this update:
We are working towards fixing these with the next MP02 software update.
- Silent mode not staying on
- Notification screen not displaying received notifications
- Tethering password auto-resetting
- Vibration function not working
- User-defined dictionary and predictive text issues
You'll need WiFi in order to get the update download and of course, Punkt suggests backing up your data before installing. Instructions on how to perform a backup can be found here, while instructions on how to install the update can be found here. The update has been available for a few days now, so let me know in the comments how it's working out for you if you installed it.