Punkt let everyone know ahead of time they would be officially unveiling and announcing their MP02 4G mobile phone on September 17 and now that that day is here, they've revealed the full specs, features and opened up pre-orders.
- The Internet as a tool - When it's time to get online, the MP02's 4G LTE connection can be shared with a tablet/laptop – which means easier typing in comparison with a smartphone, and a bigger screen. This two-device approach means that the Internet is something you dip into, rather than the other way round.
- Being here, being effective- Focus is at a premium in the digital age. The MP02 makes it easier to be where you are, whether that's a family weekend away or an important business meeting. It gives you freedom from a constant onslaught of designed-for-addiction notifications and other distractions. It puts you in charge.
- Connection in the digital age - The Punkt. MP02 is built for connecting with people. It's comfortable to hold and to use, and features excellent audio quality and battery life: a phone that actually works as a phone, with up-to-the-minute styling and an interface that is elegant and efficient.
- Low-key, stylish design - The instantly-recognisable MP02 is the work of renowned product designer Jasper Morrison. It is built around effective simplicity: press the phonebook button to make a call, press the text button to send a message. For everything else, there's a fast, lean menu system: up, down, select, go.
- Industry-leading security - A BlackBerry-controlled workstation adds BlackBerry Secure protection during manufacture. This is a world first: no other non-BlackBerry phone has had this before.
- Bespoke tones - The MP02's unique ringtones and have their own pedigree: they are the work of respected Norwegian sound artist Kjetil Røst Nilsen.
- Rare tactility - The phone feels solid in the hand. It's well-balanced and is designed for one-handed use. The body is reinforced with glass-fibre and its textured finish is both protective and unusual. It's a phone for keeping, not replacing.
- Solid construction - The housing of the MP02 is reinforced with glass-fibre and finished with a tough, abrasion-resistant coating. Splashproof to IP52 standard.
- Minimalist interface - The display is monochrome+ (black, white, occasional red). Unusually, the interface is 100% text-based – no icons whatsoever. Click through in seconds: up, down, select, go.
Naturally, the minimalist design of the MP02 is not going to be for everyone but if you're looking for a BlackBerry Secured device that is entirely different from the pack, this is it. The Punkt MP02 4G is available for pre-order now for $349.00. For a limited time, pre-orders will be delivered with a free Lamy pen designed by Jasper Morrison.