I love having different profiles to use and customize on my BlackBerry smartphone. It makes it so easy to mute the ringtone audio when I get to work, or helps me identify which email account received a new message. Despite how easy I just said it was, I do tend to forget to switch them from time to time. I’m pretty sure my employees love hearing the theme song to The Big Bang Theory when a phone call comes in.
Toysoft Development Inc has recently come up with a profile changing application design only for OS 7.1 and up; and it’s aptly named Profile Changer. No matter if your BlackBerry is in your pocket, a case or sitting there with a locked keyboard, this application will make sure your profiles are changed for you, whenever you want. Basically, Profile Changer can switch profiles using a few different scenarios. First, you can set a Timed Profile change, which is then turned on and off specific times of your choosing. You can then select which days of the week you want to have it active on. Next, Calendar Keyword allows you to assign a keyword to a profile change. You then include that same keyword in a Calendar Entry; say a meeting with your boss. From the time that your appointment starts, to the time it ends, your profile is set to the type you want. Profiles can also be set to switch by simply charging your phone. The last type is Location based (cell tower triangulation), which is my favourite type. This means that I can easily switch to an office setting, simply by arriving at the office.
- Designed specifically for BlackBerry Smartphone OS 7.1 and higher
- Supports three types of Profiles: Daily/Weekly timer, Calendar keyword integration and Location base. You can mix and match Timed profile with Location profile
- Works when the keyboard or screen is locked, in Holster or device has a password lock without user intervention
- Automatically Set Profile when you charge your BlackBerry Smartphone
- One Time Profile when you just do not want to be disturbed. You can set it from 5 minutes to 10 Hours and Profile Changer will automatically set the Sound Profile back
- Backup and Restore of all your Profiles to the SD Card. SD Card is required. Very useful when you upgrade the BBOS.
- Automatically creates Scheduled Calendar Profile when you enter a keyword when create a new appointment. Profile Changer will automatically switch Profile when the appointment happens and switch it back when the appointment is done. No more worry about your phone ringing in bad situations
- Scan the entire Calendar application for keywords so you can use your already setup appointments. You can even setup keywords in the future like next year
- All profiles are limited to 64
It seems as though Profile Changer works on both official and leaked OS 7.1, at least it does for me anyway. If you like to frequently change profiles, you should definitely pick up Profile Changer for BlackBerry smartphones. It’s available for $2.99 from BlackBerry App World.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.