|OtterBox 8500 Series Commuter Case
Comes in a variety of colors!
|OtterBox 8500 Strength Series Case
10% of price goes to Avon Breast Cancer Crusade
So you just picked up a new 8530, or 8520 and you want some extra case protection? You may have looked at OtterBox a few weeks back and only noticed the normal black color cases. Well OtterBox has now officially released its BlackBerry Curve 8500 series Commuter Series Case that offers a number of colors to choose from. OtterBox is also offering the pink and white BlackBerry Curve 8500 Series Strength Case in which 10% of the purchase price will be donated to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade. Funding will support finding a cure for breast cancer and advancing access to care for all, regardless of ability to pay.
Added up, you now have six colors to choose from on top of the standard black. Having a color set to your liking is a big step up from OtterBox's standard black or black/yellow cases for a lot of their models out to consumers. But with still three layers of protection from bumps and bounces, dirt and the good old "toss in your bag on the way out the door", OtterBox has you covered.
With the 8500 series so light and compact you can toss it in your pocket and almost forget about it. But it you want that added protection, but not the bulk of the full Defender Series. Then the commuter case should fit your budget and needs nicely.
- Easy to slip on and off when not needed.
- Slim design with not much bulk.
- Protection on all ports and side buttons
- Color Choices!
- Makes the 8500 series feel more solid of a device
- Wish there was an option for changing the color of the skin. Mix up the colors even more.
- Dust magnet ( On rubber)
- Only one screen protector. With the price, two would be good for first time users.
- LED is already hard to see on the 8500 series and the opening on the skin seems to block it even more on a angle view.
Bottom line, OtterBox has a reputation of making bomb proof-like device cases for a lot of the smartphone market. The Commuter Case not being a fully covered case it definitely fit in my top 5 cases to use when I need that extra protection when heading out. No word on what other device models will get other colors, but we will be sure to keep you posted.
- More information and purchase of the OtterBox Commuter Series Case >>
- More information and purchase of the OtterBox Commuter Series Strength Case in Pink/White >>
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.