We've been hearing about this for a while now and while it can still go under the rumors section considering no announcement has been made about it. Despite it not being official just yet, it's been something that has been in the pipe forever anyways as the details of BIS 2.5 and 2.6 already gave way to what exactly RIM's plans are for upcoming BIS iterations. The rumors at this point are that BIS 3.0 is coming in 2010 and shortly following the 3.0 launch, BIS 3.1 will be rolled out to consumers with a whole slew of new features.
BIS 3.0 (March 2010):
- Improved the Gmail plugin
- Synchronization deleted messages, read / unread and sent between the box and your own Gmail (so far worked only in the opposite direction)
- The ability to add and remove labels from your device
BIS 3.1 (Soon after):
- Synchronize Google Calendar
- Synchronize your address book from Hotmail account
- Synchronize your address book from Yahoo
- Yahoo mailbox will cause an automatic download of Yahoo messenger on the device
All these features would be welcomed changes for sure but I'm positive these are not the only great changes we will see. New BIS features should include a lot more that what has been listed here but until an official statement comes out from Research In Motion we'll just have to sit back and wait.
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.