When you're not on an unlimited data or calling plan and you like to keep an eye on your usage to make sure you don't go over your allowance, there isn't always a simple way to do. Not with some UK networks anyway. I don't really want to have to call a number to check my balance or data allowance or have to login on the website from my phone. I would prefer be able to check it from my BlackBerry via an app. Today Vodafone released their My Vodafone app which is available for UK customers. The app allows you to:
- See how much inclusive allowance you've used if you're a pay monthly customer
- See how much credit you have remaining if you're a pay as you go customer
- See your price plan information
- Get answers to the most frequently asked questions
- Locate BT Openzone Wi-Fi hotspots
- See how many megabytes or messages you've used in the current period
A few things to note though. It is not available to business customers as of yet and new customers will need to wait until after their first bill to see account information. Also, the allowance shown is not given in real time. As with most networks it is normally the allowance from the last 48 hours -- make sure you keep this in mind.
The My Vodafone app is available for BlackBerry devices with OS 4.0 and above.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.