Editing MP3's for use as notifications or ringtones on your BlackBerry has never been easier than with MP3 Ringtone maker that I found in App World this week. There have often been times when I have thought I would like a snippet of a track to use on my BlackBerry and although there are other apps out there that do this, (and for the PlayBook) this new one is the simplest I have found to date. You can literally complete the task within about 30 seconds or so which makes me happy. The user interface is smart yet simplistic and getting to grips with it takes just a few seconds.
The MP3's you use do need to be unlocked so I suppose that if you purchase your music from iTunes you may struggle. In the above video I thought it would be cool to edit the CrackBerry.com podcast intro music and as you will see doing so is a piece of cake. I can now use the track as any notification tone on my BlackBerry if I so desire.
• Simply choose a song, select a starting point and save your new Ringtone file
• Users can also set the end point if desired
• Use any songs stored in your BlackBerry® or on a media card to create your Ringtones
• Ringtones can be stored on your BlackBerry® or media card
• No computer software is required
• No subscription or monthly fees
• Only MP3 files are supported
• Does not come with any songs
On the downside I have now discovered that if you wish to save the MP3 you have edited you need to purchase the full version which is $2.99. Give the free one a try and see what you think.
More information/Download MP3 Ringtone Maker free from BlackBerry App World