We got our hands on a PDF from Big Red today and it looks like Push to Talk will definitely be coming to the BlackBerry Tour. We had heard rumors as the last few leaked OS versions surfaced (PTT files and alerts were included in the OS), and a few days ago some additional info popped up in the forums. My question (as I'm sure many of you are already thinking) is if this new service will finally bring the long awaited Tour OS update. Highlights of the PTT service as outlined in the document include:
- Connect with team members in the next room or across the country.
- Make group calls with up to 50 participants.
- Use Presence to see who's available for Push to Talk calls.
- Manage Push to Talk contacts for your entire company online.
- Access email and the Web while you're on Push to Talk calls.
Push to Talk will be available as a $5 add-on feature and should be official late this month or in early April. For more information, head to verizonwireless.com/ptt (although nothing noted about the Tour on that site just yet).
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.