Michael Fisher is back in action, ladies and gentlemen! As the one and only MrMobile, he'll be bringing to YouTube, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram his own unique take on the latest and greatest in technology.
MrMobile launched officially with the above amazing video, plus a review of the new OnePlus 3, a nerdy in-depth examination of the Star Trek Bluetooth Communicator, and a look at Tesla's EV offerings.
Give MrMobile a subscribe for even more great videos from the world of mobile technology!
CrackBerry — Earnings time
This week, BlackBerry held their annual meeting of shareholders and announced their Q1 2017 earnings. With all of that being in play, BlackBerry CEO John Chen also hit the media circuit to discuss the earnings, BlackBerry's future and more.
Android Central — Chrome domes
Honor unveiled its latest budget device, the 5C, in Europe early on this week. It seems to have a lot going for it at a solid price, following up on the Honor 5X. And for those interested, it's available right away in the UK.
We just keep learning more about running Android apps on Chromebooks, and relaying that information on to you. Questions about how to update apps, using a mouse, and checking out the dev channel are all being answered.
In further Google news, you now have yet another way to enable two-step verification with a super easy "prompt" on your phone to authenticate log-ins. Use it!
- OnePlus 3 vs. Galaxy S7 edge: Challenging at half the price
- The importance of a OnePlus phone you can actually buy
- Will EU roaming become more expensive after Brexit?
- How we'd change the Nexus 6P
- When will Android N be released?
- Samsung Gear 360 review
- OnePlus 3 vs. Xiaomi Mi5: A thoroughly one-sided contest
- What it's like (so far) to use Android apps on a Chromebook
- OnePlus 3 vs. OnePlus 2: Getting better every year
iMore — Thunderbolted
It's been a week since WWDC 2016 came to an end, but the beta period has just begun. From now until the fall, Apple will be releasing developer betas for iOS 10, macOS Sierra, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10, likely on the company's usual two week cycle. That's a lot of betas and a lot of time, but we'll need all of it to really dig in and go over what it all does and, more importantly, what it all means.
Tesla Central — Solar buy-out
Tesla surprised everybody — the markets, customers, and their target — with a $2.7 billion offer to buy SolarCity. Tesla CEO Elon Musk (who is also Chairman of SolarCity), explained the acquisiton as "a no-brainer" and the only way to build an end-to-end clean energy company.
But not everybody is buying it, so to speak. Tesla and SolarCity are both loaded with billions of dollars in debt and face equally arduous paths to profitability. But, should it work out, Musk thinks that the combined Tesla could someday be worth a trillion dollars. (We'll see.)
In the near-term, however, Tesla's big project is stil the Model 3, and we for the first time got a good look at the interior of a Model 3 prototype. It's a spartan layout and we can't guarantee that the production car will look the same, though the uniquely clean design bodes well for the future of Autopilot. But if you want a car that won't change appearance, might we suggest you enter in Tesla Central's Model S (for kids by Radio Flyer) giveaway?.
- Elon Musk-run Tesla Motors offers to acquire Elon Musk-chaired SolarCity for $2.7 billion
- This is Elon: Tesla's CEO on the proposed acquisition of SolarCity
- Tesla's proposed SolarCity acquisition makes all the sense in the world — and none at all
- Could Tesla someday be worth a trillion dollars? Elon Musk seems to think so
- This is our best look yet at the Model 3's spartan dashboard
Windows Central — Tap to build
Microsoft pushed out two more updates this week for Fast Ring Insiders with build 14371 and 14372 going out to Mobile and PC users. The updates bring more fixes and improvements to the expected Anniversary Update due at the end of July.
Microsoft also did a soft-launch of their Wallet and NFC Tap to Pay feature for those in the US with select banks. The company also put out a decent promo video for when the new convenience tool goes wider later this summer.
- Why I dropped LastPass for Enpass on Windows 10 — and why you should too
- Huawei Matebook pre-orders begin today at Microsoft Store; available on July 11
- Get a Lumia 950 XL and get a Lumia 950 for free in Canada and the U.S.
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) review: Best of the small