Bold 9700 (left) vs. the new BlackBerry Bold Touch (right)
Gotta love it when a plan comes together! Following up on the 2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap leaks of January, we're starting to see these devices take shape for REALZ in February. We saw the monaco/Storm 3 show up on video yesterday, and now today we're looking at live photos of the BlackBerry Bold Touch, which currently goes by the codename dakota. As you can tell, the newest Bold (pictured above on the right) looks more like the original Bold 9000 from the front than the smaller Bold 9700/9780 we're currently used to. I can't wait to pound out emails and BBMs on the Bold Touch's keyboard... that is the Cadillac of smartphone keyboards right there. As for what the Bold Touch is packing inside, here's the specs as they have been rumored to date:
- Dimensions: 115 x 66 x 10.5mm
- Radio: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; Tri Band UMTS
- Display: 2.8" diagonol - VGA 640 x 480, resolution 287dpi
- Camera: 5mp - Flash - Image Stabilization - HD Recording (720p)
- Navigation: Capacitive Touch, Optical Trackpad
- Keypad: Wide QWERTY - Physical Send, End, Escape, Menu, Right Side Convenience Key, Volume Control
- Memory: 8GB - 768MB RAM - up to 32GB MicroSd Card
- WiFi: 2.4 GHZ b/g/n - 5GHz a/n - Mobile Hotspot
- Connectivity: Micro USB - Bluetooth - NFC
- Sensors: Magnetometer - Accelerometer - Proximity
Lots more photos after the break, so check them out! Looks like we'll need to see some new Bold Touch cases for this one too. You don't want to miss the one where you see that the trim around the Bold Touch's keypad LIGHTS UP!!! Who's waiting on this one?? I know I am!
More BlackBerry Bold Touch Photos
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.