While you may get push notifications when updates are available, you can also search for Android updates manually on your BlackBerry Motion.
- From the home screen, tap the application grid icon. It's along the bottom of the home screen, in the middle.
- Under the Apps section, scroll down to the Updates application.
- Tap Updates app. The current build number will be displayed.
- Manually check for updates by tapping Check for updates now.
- Your device will prompt you with new updates or display your System is up to date.
To update your operating system you'll need to be connected to Wi-Fi. This is to avoid using excess mobile data.
Your phone will download any available updates and install them to your BlackBerry Motion. While the update is downloading, you will still be able to use the phone. Once the update is downloaded you'll be prompted to Install and Restart.
TIP: Your device will not download the update if there is not enough internal storage available to apply the update. Your device must also have over 20% battery in order to install an update. Wait patiently while the update is installing to your device and the restart is complete. Do not turn off your device during this period to avoid data loss.
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.