While you may get push notifications when updates are available, you can also search for Android updates manually on your BlackBerry Motion.
- From the home screen, tap the application grid icon. It's along the bottom of the home screen, in the middle.
- Under the Apps section, scroll down to the Updates application.
- Tap Updates app. The current build number will be displayed.
- Manually check for updates by tapping Check for updates now.
- Your device will prompt you with new updates or display your System is up to date.
To update your operating system you'll need to be connected to Wi-Fi. This is to avoid using excess mobile data.
Your phone will download any available updates and install them to your BlackBerry Motion. While the update is downloading, you will still be able to use the phone. Once the update is downloaded you'll be prompted to Install and Restart.
TIP: Your device will not download the update if there is not enough internal storage available to apply the update. Your device must also have over 20% battery in order to install an update. Wait patiently while the update is installing to your device and the restart is complete. Do not turn off your device during this period to avoid data loss.