Now that all BlackBerry 10 smartphones come preloaded with the Amazon Appstore, it's another one of those apps on your device that needs to be updated fairly regularly. For the most part, this is a fairly easy process as the app will check for updates whenever it's launched and let you know if there's any available, but if you're looking to take matters into your own hands and check for updates manually it's all rather simple.
To update the Amazon Appstore App:
- Tap the Amazon Appstore app from your mobile device.
- From the Amazon Appstore app, open the menu, and then tap Settings.
- From the settings menu, tap Version and Release Notes, and then tap Check For Update.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
The other side of this how to is the fact that sometimes when the Amazon Appstore updates, it doesn't always go the way that it's supposed to. A common thread in the CrackBerry Forums as of late is that when the Amazon Appstore updates, in some cases, it tends to get stuck in the updating process. We're not sure what exactly causes that to happen but a common fix for it is to reinstall the app.
To Download the Amazon Appstore App
- Visit the Amazon Appstore download site
- Download the Amazon Appstore to your mobile device
- Once downloaded, go through the install process so it overwrites the existing version
Most folks will no doubt just update the app when notified and there's certainly nothing wrong with that but if you want to make sure you have the most recent version at all times, you can also check out APK Mirror where the latest versions are listed as well as available for download. The site often includes beta versions as well, if that's your thing.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.