The BlackBerry Motion enjoys a great feature called Locker Mode, where certain pictures and files can stay securely stored without being visible from other apps, or being backed up to the cloud. Use this to keep your most sensitive materials separate from what you see on a day-to-day basis. This can provide added peace of mind when handing off your phone to a friend for a few moments.
How to take a private picture on the BlackBerry Motion
- Open the Camera app.
- Instead of tapping the on-screen shutter key or the volume key to take a picture, tap the fingerprint sensor. Be careful not to press it until it clicks; this will take you back to the home screen.
- If you want to disable the ability to take private pictures, tap the gear in the top-right of the Camera app to enter Settings, and tap the toggle for Locker mode.
The picture you just took will be stored in your Locker. The thumbnail within the Camera app won't be accessible until you use your saved fingerprint or screen unlock code.
How to add files to BlackBerry Locker
- Open Files.
- Navigate to where the file is you would like to lock.
- Tap the three dots to the right of the filename. This will bring down a menu.
- Tap Lock.
- Authenticate the move with either your fingerprint or lock code.
That's all there is to it! Once you've secured your files in BlackBerry Locker, you can rest assured that nobody will accidentally (or purposefully) stumble on sensitive photos or documents.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.