If you want to transfer your data from iPhone to your new, Android-powered BlackBerry KEYone, you can use the BlackBerry Content Transfer app.
Before getting started with the BlackBerry Content Transfer app, it's important to know what can and cannot be transferred using this process. You can transfer the following types of data that are saved in the storage space on your iPhone:
- Calendar events
- Pictures and videos that you took with the iPhone camera (pictures and videos that are in the Camera Roll)
Before you can transfer your data, the BlackBerry Content Transfer app must be installed on both your iPhone and your BlackBerry KEYone. It comes preloaded on your BlackBerry KEYone but on your iPhone, do the following:
- Open a browser, and then visit http://www.blackberry.com/transfer.
- Tap iOS (Version 8 or later).
- Scroll down, and then tap Download the iOS App.
- Tap Get.
Once installed, you will be ready to start transferring your content from your iPhone to your BlackBerry KEYone.
Transferring Your Content
Before you begin: On your new device, make sure you add your Google account. In Settings, tap Accounts > Add account > Google, and follow the prompts.
- On your new device, open the BlackBerry Content Transfer app, and then tap This is my new device.
- Tap Next again, and then choose the Google account that you want to use for the transfer.
- On your previous device, open the BlackBerry Content Transfer app, and then tap Next > Next.
- On your previous device, if necessary, log in to your Google account or create a new Google account. If your Google account is already set up, read the terms, and then tap Allow to continue.
- On your previous device, select the type of data that you want to transfer to your new device, and then tap Start.
After your data is transferred to your new device, you can delete your data from Google Drive. Tap Remove transfer files.
Tip: Once you transfer your content from your iPhone, you may also wish to turn off iMessage so that new text messages are delivered to your new device.
- On your iPhone, tap Settings > Messages.
- Set the iMessage switch to Off.
If you don't have your iPhone anymore, to deregister your phone number with iMessage, visit https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/.
Unlock your productivity with the Android-powered BlackBerry KEYone!
- View all of our BlackBerry KEYone Help and How-To Guides
- Join our BlackBerry KEYone forums
- Learn more about the BlackBerry KEYone
- Where to buy the BlackBerry KEYone
- How to get the most out of Hub on the BlackBerry KEYone
- These BlackBerry KEYone launcher tweaks will amp up your productivity
- Five great Android Nougat features on the BlackBerry KEYone
- Five hidden BlackBerry KEYone features you might not know
- Getting started with photos and videos on the BlackBerry KEYone
- Top BlackBerry KEYone keyboard tricks that will change your life
DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT, DISTINCTLY BLACKBERRY
BlackBerry KEYone pairs the best of BlackBerry’s software and security with TCL Communication’s commitment to delivering high-quality, reliable smartphones to customers around the world.
Beyond the iconic BlackBerry design that’s been curated for the modern user, the BlackBerry KEYone comes with a number of additional features that truly reinvents communications for the professional consumer.
- Built to last – An iconic BlackBerry smartphone made reliable for the demanding user, the BlackBerry KEYone combines a sleek aluminum frame and soft grip textured back built to offer the best in durability.
- Runs Android™ 7.1 Nougat – Giving users access to the entire Google Play store and apps - and will receive Google™ security patch updates.
- The keyboard reimagined – Forget what you knew about keyboards, the BlackBerry Smart Keyboard goes beyond typing. It can be easily programmed to launch up to 52 customizable shortcuts, providing even greater ease of use. And use it to scroll through web pages, the picture gallery or to take a picture.
- Loaded with BlackBerry® Hub® – Bringing all your messages into one consolidated place; including emails, texts and messages from any social media account.
- Unrivaled security features – The BlackBerry KEYone is designed to offer the most secure Android smartphone experience possible.
- Long battery life – Featuring the largest battery ever found in a BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry KEYone offers roughly 26 hours of mixed use, thanks to its 3505mAh battery.
- Impressive photo quality – The BlackBerry KEYone includes a 12MP rear camera with an industry leading camera sensor that captures sharp, crisp photos in any light. And for when you have to take a video conference on the go, it includes an 8MP front camera with fixed focus and 84-degree wide angle lens.
- 4.5-inch IPS LCD display
- 1620x1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- 8x 2.0Ghz Cortex A53 cores
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- microSD card slot
- 12MP ƒ/20 PDAF rear camera
- Dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP ƒ/2.2 front camera
- 3505 mAh battery
- USB-C, Quick Charge 3.0 + boost charging
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- DTEK security suite
- FIPS 140-2 full disk encryption
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.