A convenient feature built into the BlackBerry KEYone keyboard is the ability to set custom key shortcuts from the home screen. You're able to assign two distinct shortcuts for every letter key — for long presses and short presses.
Keyboard shortcuts can be used for so many functions: set a key to launch your favorite and most used apps, toggle device settings, compose a new message or email or speed dial a contact.
With 52 unique keyboard shortcuts available to you, customizing your keyboard will save you valuable time throughout your day. The KEYone ships with a number of preset keyboard shortcuts, but it's just as easy to edit those as it is to add your own.
How to customize keyboard shortcuts
You won't find the Keyboard shortcuts menu in the device settings. Instead, they've been included in the BlackBerry Launcher settings, which you can access from the app drawer.
- Tap the app drawer icon.
- Tap the settings icon in the top right corner.
Tap Keyboard shortcuts. From this menu, you will see the preset keyboard shortcuts along with all the open keys waiting to be assigned.
Tap Long press or Short press at the top of the screen.
- Tap an open or existing key to bring up the assignment options.
Tap an icon to set a specific shortcut: Open app, Speed dial, Send message, or tap All shortcuts to see all available options in one screen.
Tap your preferred shortcut for the key you selected. There may be some additional steps to complete setup depending on the apps being triggered.
Give your new shortcut a try!
And that's all there is to it! You can always go back and add new shortcuts or edit existing ones as you see fit.
KEYone keyboard shortcut presets
The KEYone comes with a number of keyboard shortcuts preprogrammed:
- Long press "A": Contacts
- Long press "B": Chrome
- Long press "C": Compose email
- Long press "D": Add note
- Long press "H": Help
- Long press "K": Lock screen
- Long press "L": Calendar
- Long press "M": Hub
- Long press "N": Open in BBM
- Long press "O": Settings
- Long press "P": Check call history
- Long press "S": Search
- Long press "T": Add task
- Long press "W": Call voicemail
Unlock your productivity with the Android-powered BlackBerry KEYone!
- View all of our BlackBerry KEYone Help and How-To Guides
- Join our BlackBerry KEYone forums
- Learn more about the BlackBerry KEYone
- Where to buy the BlackBerry KEYone
- How to get the most out of Hub on the BlackBerry KEYone
- These BlackBerry KEYone launcher tweaks will amp up your productivity
- Five great Android Nougat features on the BlackBerry KEYone
- Five hidden BlackBerry KEYone features you might not know
- Getting started with photos and videos on the BlackBerry KEYone
- Top BlackBerry KEYone keyboard tricks that will change your life
DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT, DISTINCTLY BLACKBERRY
BlackBerry KEYone pairs the best of BlackBerry’s software and security with TCL Communication’s commitment to delivering high-quality, reliable smartphones to customers around the world.
Beyond the iconic BlackBerry design that’s been curated for the modern user, the BlackBerry KEYone comes with a number of additional features that truly reinvents communications for the professional consumer.
- Built to last – An iconic BlackBerry smartphone made reliable for the demanding user, the BlackBerry KEYone combines a sleek aluminum frame and soft grip textured back built to offer the best in durability.
- Runs Android™ 7.1 Nougat – Giving users access to the entire Google Play store and apps - and will receive Google™ security patch updates.
- The keyboard reimagined – Forget what you knew about keyboards, the BlackBerry Smart Keyboard goes beyond typing. It can be easily programmed to launch up to 52 customizable shortcuts, providing even greater ease of use. And use it to scroll through web pages, the picture gallery or to take a picture.
- Loaded with BlackBerry® Hub® – Bringing all your messages into one consolidated place; including emails, texts and messages from any social media account.
- Unrivaled security features – The BlackBerry KEYone is designed to offer the most secure Android smartphone experience possible.
- Long battery life – Featuring the largest battery ever found in a BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry KEYone offers roughly 26 hours of mixed use, thanks to its 3505mAh battery.
- Impressive photo quality – The BlackBerry KEYone includes a 12MP rear camera with an industry leading camera sensor that captures sharp, crisp photos in any light. And for when you have to take a video conference on the go, it includes an 8MP front camera with fixed focus and 84-degree wide angle lens.
5.87 in 149.1 mm
2.85 in 72.4 mm
0.37 in 9.4 mm
6.35 oz 180 grams
- 4.5-inch IPS LCD display
- 1620x1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- 8x 2.0Ghz Cortex A53 cores
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- microSD card slot
- 12MP ƒ/20 PDAF rear camera
- Dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP ƒ/2.2 front camera
- 3505 mAh battery
- USB-C, Quick Charge 3.0 + boost charging
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- DTEK security suite
- FIPS 140-2 full disk encryption
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.