The release of OS 2.0 for the BlackBerry PlayBook and its integrated calendar is a dream come true for me. It's one of the features I use the most on my BlackBerry Bold 9930 and it was sorely missed on my PlayBook. Now that it's available, a lot of us are trying to figure out how to make it do exactly as we'd like. Over in our CrackBerry forums some helpful users found a way to sync multiple Google calendars on the PlayBook. We thought this was so great that it deserved a post on the front page and a shout out to all the members commenting in that forum. Also a special shout out to forums member tubbycyclist for such detailed and easy to follow instructions and @jcarty for letting us know you can do the same using Google Chrome. Keep reading to see step by step instructions on how to sync your multiple Gmail calendars with your BlackBerry PlayBook!
How to sync multiple Gmail Calendars on the BlackBerry PlayBook
Step by Step Guide
- If you don't have Google Chrome or Firefox, click the links above, download and install (you only need one or the other).
- Go to your Toolbar at the top and select Tools > Add Ons. In the search field (circled in red in the picture below) type User Agent Switcher (for Chrome users you can use UA Spoofer). Select and install it.
- Once the User Agent Switcher has been installed, close and restart Firefox.
- Open Google and login to your account.
- Go to Tools and use the UA Switcher to select iPhone 3.0 (Chrome users will select iPhone 4) as shown in the picture below.
- In your web browser, go to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/welcome and you should see PlayBook listed like the picture below.
- If you do not seePlayBook listed, check to make sure your UA Switcher is on iPhone 3 (or 4 for Mac) and try closing your browser or refreshing.
- You will see a screen like the one below with NO calendar options. In the browser address bar change the word "false" to the word "true" and then refresh the page.
- The page should now show all your calendars like the pic below. Simply select those you would like to sync and hit the save button.
- Once you see a message saying all settings have changed, you can reset your browser settings and you're all set!
My PlayBook started to sync right away but some users in the forums have reported a 10 minute wait or so before seeing there other calendars on their PlayBook Calendar. Thanks again to all the wonderful forum readers out there for passing this info on to us. Remeber, if you have any more great tips and tricks, email them on over to editorial(at)crackberry.com!
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.