Although many have moved on from BlackBerry 10, there's still plenty of folks out there using and loving their BlackBerry 10 phones. One problem that has come up consistently, however, is getting Google contacts accounts to sync correctly. Luckily, Ben xfg has done up a fantastic, straightforward guide covering how to quickly get it all working again for you!
A) If you have two-step verification turned on in your Google account (recommended), you can skip to step 1 now.
B) If you do not have two-step verification activated, you will need to go to your Google account and turn ON "Less Secure App Access." You can do that here.
Now follow these steps carefully
- Go to Accounts (If the contacts account you're trying to sync is showing here, delete it to avoid any errors).
- Select Add Account.
- Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap CardDav
- Description - Enter whatever you wish.
- Username - Enter your Gmail address (important).
- Email Address - Enter your Gmail address.
- With two-step verification enabled, you will need to create an app password for "Contacts on my BlackBerry" or similar. Copy and paste this password here.
- If you don't have two-step verification enabled, enter your Google account password in this field.
For the server address enter the following: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/lists/default/
Be sure to edit the server address, so the "email@example.com" is replaced with your actual Gmail address; there can be no mistakes, so do your editing carefully. If you are still having issues, a first step would be to sign out of Google in all browsers on your BlackBerry 10 phone, then go through the steps again.