If you're not quite ready to give up BBM on May 31 and are looking to take BlackBerry up on their offer to move to BBM Enterprise for free for a year, you'll have to know how to get started. Luckily, it's all a fairly simple process but having gone through the process myself, I figured I would do up a guide to cover some of the minor issues I ran into and make it easier for you!
How to subscribe to BBM Enterprise on Android
- Download and install the BBM Enterprise app from Google Play
- Log in with your BlackBerry ID. If you don't have one, then you'll need to create one
- After you create your BlackBerry ID, confirm your email address in the BlackBerry ID confirmation email
- Open BBM Enterprise
- Tap Continue
- Tap Sign in with your BlackBerry ID
- Sign in using your current BlackBerry ID
- Tap Subscribe
- Tap the price button
Once it processes, you'll be signed up for BBM Enterprise. As highlighted in the pricing breakdown, it will be available to you for free for one year and after the first year, a 6-month subscription will be available for $2.49 USD. If you ever wish to cancel the subscription, you'll need to go to the Google Play Store and tap on the subscriptions tab and unsubscribe from there.
Using BBMe on multiple devices
BBMe supports up to five different devices and is available on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. In order to have it active on more than one device at any given time, however, you have to authorize each device. In order to do so, you simply download BBMe on the various devices, log in with your BlackBerry ID and you will be presented with two different options.
- Add this device to my BBM Enterprise Account - This will allow you to have BBMe on multiple devices and trigger an authorization screen. In order to activate, you must have one of your other activated devices handy as you'll have to open BBMe and enter the code. Once entered, whichever device you're setting up will login and your other devices will remain active as well.
- Switch my BBM Enterprise account to this device only and remove all other activated devices - This will forcefully log you out of all other BBMe installs except the one you are currently setting up.
Once you're all set up, you'll get a new PIN and have to re-invite any contacts you wish to add and while you'll no longer have access to BBM Channels, purchased Stickers, and the Discover Tab, you'll still have access to group chats, voice calls, video calls, as well as the edit, retract and expiring message options.
You'll still also be able to see when messages are received and read, send voice notes, files, and share your location using Glymspe while making use of end-to-end encryption. As a bonus, BBMe features a dark theme as well for all you dark theme fans out there!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.