The BlackBerry Motion includes a fingerprint sensor that can quickly and securely unlock your phone. It just needs a little bit of setting up.
How to set up fingerprint unlock on the BlackBerry Motion
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification tray.
- Tap the gear icon in the top-right to open Settings.
- Tap Security and tap Fingerprint. If you don't have one already set up, you'll need to set an alternative unlock mechanism, such as a pin number or pattern.
- When prompted, press and release your finger on the sensor multiple times at different angles.
- Tap Add fingerprint to set additional authorized fingerprints.
Between restarts, you'll need to use your backup unlock method to access your BlackBerry Motion, so don't forget it!
Though unlocking your BlackBerry Motion is the key use for fingerprint authentication, they can also be used for many apps, including those in banking and password management.
That's all there is to it!