Since last October, the BlackBerry Launcher has included the ability to hide, unhide and rename apps. It was a great addition that was long awaited but honestly, there's still some room for improvements there. Take for example unhiding an icon once it has been hidden, it's not really obvious. Need to know how to do it? I got you! Here is how to hide and unhide icons.
How to hide an icon using the BlackBerry Launcher
- Press and hold on the icon you wish to hide.
- When the options pop up appears, tap on the pencil icon.
- From there, you can tap on the Hide app toggle.
- Tap on Save to set the option.
In this area, you can also rename the icon as well if you wish or reset any previous name changes or settings you may have set. However, this option only appears if you can find the icon. If you've hidden it, and can't find it, you will need to refer to the next part.
How to unhide an icon using the BlackBerry Launcher
- Press and hold on a blank area of your phone until you see the options Wallpapers, widgets, icon packs and settings appear.
- Tap on Settings, which will take you to the BlackBerry Launcher settings.
- From the list of options, tap on App appearance.
- This will load a list of apps, from here you can scroll and find the icons with an eye beside them to indicate they are hidden or simply tap on the eye in the top right to unhide all icons instantly.
- Once you find the icon you have hidden, tap on the eye next to it. The icon will then be unhidden and viewable to you on your All apps screen.
Once you know where to go, it's easy street but I spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure it out when it was first made available and considering I was recently asked on Twitter how to unhide them, seems others might also be running into the issue. Hopefully, this guide will help!
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.