Download and Install Path on your BlackBerry PlayBook
Path, a foursquare slash Facebook combination, has previously been available on both iOS and Android. While we're not sure if it will ever make its way to BlackBerry phones, you can get it up and runnng right now on your BlackBerry PlayBook. Path is a social network that lets you share with friends and family by entering your thoughts, what you're listening to, photos and much more. It's free to use and you can sign up for a new account from within the app. Keep reading and we'll show you how to get Path on your BlackBerry PlayBook in just a few simple steps!
Path for the BlackBerry PlayBook
First, grab the Path BAR file here: Path for BlackBerry PlayBook
Loading from a Windows PC
- Download and install the Java Runtime Environment suited for your PC
- Download and install the DDPB installer - Link
- Download any .BAR / .ZIP files already converted - Link
- On your PlayBook, turn on Develpment Mode from Settings > Security (remember your password!)
- Connect your BlackBerry PlayBook to your PC
- Open DDPB Installer that you just downloaded
- Enter your the IP address of your PlayBook (found by tapping the Development Mode icon in your status bar) or click "Scan". Enter the password you chose, then click "Connect".
- Click the "Add" button and browse for the BAR file you want to install. You can find a list of available BAR files here.
- Click "Install".
- When the process is complete the application will be installed on your PlayBook.
Loading from a Mac
- Make sure you Mac OS is up to date and then download the Playbook_Tools here.
- Unzip the files into your /user/ directory (The directory typically shows as your username - mine is "/adamzeis/". You can put them wherever you want, it's just easier this way).
- Move the files from the Playbook_Tools\lib\ folder to the Playbook_Tools directory.
- Put your BlackBerry PlayBook into Development Mode by going to Settings > Security Settings and note the IP address of your PlayBook. You'll also be required to enter a password here if you don't have one already. Don't forget your password!!
- Find the .bar file for the app you want to install (check our growing list in the forums). After downloading, move the .bar file into the Playbook_Tools directory
- Open the Terminal application on your Mac (found under Applications > Utilities > Terminal). Your Terminal screen will show something along the lines of: new-host-2:~ adamzeis$
- Type cd playbook_tools and press Enter. Terminal should now read something like: new-host-2:playbook_tools adamzeis$
- Type the following into Terminal: java -Xmx512M -jar BarDeploy.jar -installApp -device PLAYBOOK_IP -password PB_PASSWORD appname.bar Be sure to add in your PlayBook IP address, password and the name of the .bar file.
- Terminal will do it's magic and when it's done, your app will be ready to roll on your PlayBook
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.