Hello my faithful CrackBerry readers and Happy New Year! Dear Berry is here again to answer any BlackBerry questions and woes that you may have. Let's open up the mailbag and see what this week's question is...
I'm going to be switching internet providers which means the email address I use with my BlackBerry ID will no longer be available for me to use. How do I change my email address so I can still access my information?
Thank you for sending in this question. This is one I see pop up in the forums and is frequently asked by my fellow BlackBerry addicts when they look to close out their existing email accounts. Rather than lose all of your apps, purchase history, and other relevant data there is a simple solution for updating your profile with your new handle. That way you can continue to receive BlackBerry correspondence if you lose your password or need to verify your account later on.
Please note that these are not the instructions on removing your account permanently if you want to sell your device or if you wish to setup a new one. To change accounts you would need to perform a system wipe. However, we are not trying to switch BBID's nor are we looking to create a new one. In this case, we are simply going to keep our existing account but update the email address so all of our BBID data remains intact.
- From your computer, sign into your account from www.blackberry.com/blackberryid or https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/ using your current BBID login information.
- After you have signed into your account click on Account Details and then Edit.
- Here you can modify your username and email address. Once all changes have been made click on Save.
- When you return to the details screen click on Done at the bottom of the screen.
- Remember to Logout from the BlackBerry ID Sevices screen.
- Notifications will be sent to your old and new email address: the old alerting you of the change, and the new with a link to confirm the change. The link is only valid for 24 hours.
- Once confirmed, you will be able to use your new email address to access and login to your account on your device and tablet.
Have a question about BlackBerry etiquette? Need advice on how to cope with your BlackBerry addiction? Dear Berry has you covered and there's no question too big or problem too small. Submit any of your BlackBerry woes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @DearBerryCB.
See you next week!
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.