We get a ton of questions in the CrackBerry Forums, and while most folks typically go through all the basic troubleshooting steps before reaching out for help, sometimes they miss the most basic because it's too basic - restarting your device.
With that in mind, should things be acting funny on your BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone such as the BlackBerry KEYone or BlackBerry Motion, go ahead and give it a restart to see if that helps before doing anything else. Here are all the different restart methods for your BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone.
To restart the BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone:
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Select Reboot from the menu that is presented.
To perform a soft reset on BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone:
If the BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone is frozen or an application cannot be closed or exited then perform this soft reset.
- Press and continue to hold the Power key for 12 seconds.
To perform a hard reset on BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone:
If the BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone will not power up then perform this hard reset. (This is the equivalent to a battery pull)
- Press and continue to hold the Power key for 32 seconds.
Reboot into Safe Mode
For more complicated issues, such as when the last app you installed might causing problems.
- Do a normal press and hold of your phone's power button until Android prompts you to turn off your phone
- Next, hold the Power off menu option for a few seconds until your phone asks you to confirm that you want to enter safe mode.
Use this option sparingly as it can reset your home screen and app icon layout.
Of course, a simple reboot/reset is not going to fix everything that can possibly go wrong but it's a great first step in tracking down any issues. Should you have further issues, questions or concerns, you can always hop into the CrackBerry Forums and get the help you need. With our Ask a Question section, you don't even need to have an account to seek out help, though we'd certainly welcome any new members who do sign up!