This one is the style of game I absolutely love and could play for hours. Unfortunately it's not a native BlackBerry 10 one, but an Android game that you can download from Snap - full instructions at the base of this post for newbies.
To cut a long story short you control a helicopter gunship which you must maneuver around each level destroying enemies which will appear on the map up at the top left of the display. At the base you have forward and back tabs as well as your weapons - which include machine guns and rockets and you also utilize the tilt controls on your BlackBerry.
As you'll see in the above video - the enemies on level one are static but as you progress some vehicles will move and there will also be infantry soldiers which will fire back at you - all adding to the excitement.
The game itself runs perfectly as far as I can see apart from one feature that's slightly frustrating. And that's that it currently doesn't save your progress - so if you get to a certain level and then go to play the game at a later date you'll need to start from the beginning again. Fingers crossed this will be fixed soon, but in the meantime it's well worth a download if you've an all-touch BlackBerry 10 device as the game is free.
- The game uses operation control optimized for 3D flight, which makes it easy for anyone to get absorbed in the game.
- Some of the world's most powerful combat/multipurpose helicopters appear in the game. Each helicopter has its own unique and interesting characteristics and can be mounted with various weapons and devices of your choice.
- You can mount a variety of weapons and special equipment of your choice, such as radar and booster, depending on the characteristics of your helicopter.
- Episode mode consists of story missions that were created based on actual stories of various wars and terrors that took place.
- After you played an episode, you can either challenge yourself and move up a level to play the game at higher degree of difficulty or enjoy playing a customized mission
Apart from the current lack of the game saving your level it's a real gem. Give it a try and see what you think?
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.