GetFugu has put out their BlackBerry smartphone application for everyone. The application it's self is a rather hefty download rolling in at over 3MB in size but it allows you to search with images, your voice and even your current location. Using the GetFugu you can search for things in the following ways:
- Simply take a picture of a sign or logo of the brand you are looking for. Getfugu searches for the brand associated withthe picture and then gets information and exclusive content. Find specials, locations or buy online!
- Speak a brand name, company name, product or other keyword into your phone to start your search with Getfugu. GetFugu uses voice recognition technology to search for brand names and other key words, then delivers cool content to your phone such as exclusive promotions, videos, trailers, coupons and more.
- Get it uses your location to point you to products and services that are close to you. Take advantage of sales, find great dining or get tickets for a play right around the corner
The GetFugu application is currently availlable for the 8900, Bold 9000 but other devices do work such as the Bold 9700. Support for the BlackBerry Storm series shows as coming soon on the site, so downloading it at this time may not work for you. Check it out, let us know if ya like it or not. I have used GetFugu for the past day or so and can't really say I'll use it often enough to give up the 3Mb of space it takes but that's just me.
- Download The GetFugu Application Direct From Their Website>>
- Read The Full Press Release Announcement For The GetFugu Application>>
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.