GesturePad by Tafasa is a new application designed to make using your BlackBerry Storm or Torch more efficient. This app eliminates the need to fumble through multiple screens and menus to open the app you want. Instead, you simply swipe your screen in a shape you've chosen and your desired function is activated.
- Unlimited number of custom gestures can be added
- Gesture to compose an email to a specific address
- Gesture to compose an SMS to a specific number
- Gesture to call a specific phone number
- Gesture to show all of a person's contact information
- Gesture to open a specific website
- Gesture to launch an application
- Option to have a confirmation prompt after gesture
- Option to have the application close once the gesture is recognized and the action is performed
The developer recommends assigning the app to a convenience key, for ease of use. From there, setup is pretty simple. Just add a new gesture from the options screen of the application by drawing the desired gesture, giving it a name and then telling it what action to perform. Once you save your changes, you can swipe that gesture on the main gesture screen and your action will be performed. You can even go back into the options and modify any gesture or delete it.
GesturePad is only for your BlackBerry Storm running OS 4.7 or 5.0, and the BlackBerry Torch on BB6. Available now in the CrackBerry App Store for the low price of $.99, I definitely think it's worth trying out! Let us know in the comments below what you think if you give it a go.
- Click here for more info and to download GesturePad >>
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.