On day 2 of CES2012, Kerri and I hit the convention center looking for some great stuff for you guys. One of those finds is the soon to be released (tentatively February / March 2012) latest generation portable bluetooth speaker by XMI. The X-mini KAI Capsule Speaker is a huge upgrade over prior models as it finally includes Bluetooth support. What caught my attention was the sound. We were only a booth or so away and I could hear the music blaring and from such a small piece of equipment no less. It's no wonder I had to get a closer look.
I was blown away by the sound quality and I must say it's one of the best I've heard. So loud in fact that it was impossible to shoot a video. It has a rich bass and is so clear that it was hard to believe that this is all from the tiniest speakers out there. The KAI capsule is capable of delivery high quality sound through Bluetooth or with the 3.5mm jack that fits neatly underneath to connect to smartphones and tablet devices. The X-mini KAI is compact, folds up neatly to take with you, and will be available soon in the next couple of months.
- 40mm Drivers gives you that extra edge over 36mm drivers when it comes down to sound quality. It's not that 36mm are bad, it's just that we've made 40mm better!
- Bluetooth-equipped Play your favourite tunes from any Bluetooth-equipped device while you control tracks and volumn wirelessly from the X-mini KAITM Capsule SpeakerTM.
- Built-in microphone function to allow for hassle-free conference calls.
- Bluetooth Dongle The X-mini KAI Capsule Speaker can act as a Bluetooth dongle to the rest of your X-mini Capsule Speakers and also all other wired audio products.
- Rechargeable battery The built-in lithium ion battery is rechargeable via USB and offers an
Full technical details
- Dimensions: 50.0mm X 62.0mm (closed resonator)
- Weight: 95.2g
- Speaker: Magnetically Shielded 40mm (4Ω)
- Loudspeaker Output: 2.5W
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 18 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥89dB
- Distortion: ≤0.3%
- Playback Time: Up to 8 hours
- Battery Capacity: 550mAh
- Battery Voltage: 3.7V
- Battery Charge Time: At least 2.5 hours
- Operating Frequency Range: 2.4GHz - 2.48GHz
- Wireless Range: Up to 10 metres/33 feet
- Bluetooth Compliant: v2.1 + EDR
- Bluetooth Profile support: A2DP Stereo
- Bluetooth Playback time: Up to 4 hours
- Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- Microphone Sensitivity: -34db
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.