For those of you who read the CrackBerry blogs daily, you've likely read previous postings about FileScout. Personally for me this application is one of the best tools to install on your BlackBerry Smart phone, ever. So many uses for FileScout that to not have it installed on my device would just feel wrong. With that said, the newest version is now available for download. New features and bug fixes are on the agenda for this release. You can check it out below.
- New Simple TextViewer/Editor Option: Select how files will be saved. Either in ‘UNIX Format (CR)’ (default) or in’Windows Format (CRLF)’. By default BlackBerry is storing files in the UNIX Format – which makes editing afterwards e.g. with Windows Notepad a bit difficult.001_Initial Screen With Device Roots
- Storm 2 (9520/9550) will be treated as the Storm 9500/9530 devices (but still no touch screen support yet)
- Added a MenuItem for the “Go to Directory” + function
- Various performance and memory issue improvements
- Sometimes FileScout was instantly started again after it was closed by the user (e.g. when during the FileScout session some media files had been opened) – this issue should be solved with this build.
- OS 5.x ONLY: Endless loop for system folder fixed – Unfortunately in Beta OS 5.x (Storm & Bold) it’s not possible anymore to access the system folder via the file system API – it looks like RIM have restriced the access to this folder. With this Version FileScout will display an error message when the API does not return any content for a folder. This also means that FileScout can’t be used to delete pre-installed files located in the subfolders of ’system’ for Storm and Bold devices that have installed the OS 5.x. (Beta)
- Additional small tweaks for OS5.x Users
Lot's of good stuff fixed up in version 18.104.22.168 and still--FileScout remains free, donations are greatly appreciated though for the developer. If you use it, find it useful, donate a little back.