FileScout is one of those "why isn't this built in already" utility apps for BlackBerry smartphones. If you haven't heard of it, FileScout is essentially a file browser for your BlackBerry, letting you browse files, copy, move, rename, delete and even zip any files on your device. Now this multi-purpose utility does even more as it has been updated to v220.127.116.11! Check out the change log below. We've been seeing more apps utilizing the new BBM Social Platform, and this is a big one. I'm interested in seeing what other features will be included in FileScout, and what other apps will integrate with BBM next!
- FileScout is now supporting the new BlackBerry Messenger SDK. With the BBM™ Integration you are able to send any file to any of your BBM Contacts [requires BBM 18.104.22.168 (or higher)]. Please note that even FileScout is already support the sending of multiple files, right now you have to select the recipient and confirm the send process for each of the selected files separate. I hope this can be changed with later releases of RIM's BBM-SDK.
- The image manipulation (rotate & resize) can now be also called directly from the build in ImageViewer
- Since the release of 2.6.x it was not possible any longer to enter text in Japanese, Chinese or Korean language in the TextEditor. This has been fixed in the new build.
- If you make use of the HomeScreen Application Shortcuts, FileScout can be instantly launched by pressing the 'F'-Key
- Multiple other minor bugfixes
Update/purchase FileScout via AppWorld ($4.99, 30 day free trial)
Update your existing FileScout installation OTA
Update your existing FileScout Dropbox Plugin OTA
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.