Fandango is making the move to bring movie goers into the future by going paperless. The internet movie giant is testing out a plan to use 2D barcodes in theaters instead of the age-old physical paper tickets. Your tickets are delivered to a mobile device in the form of a barcode which the ticket taker can scan with a provided 2D scanner. A great move in making things easier and eliminating the need to pick up your purchased tickets once you arrive at the theater. Fandango is starting out with just a few theaters to start (hit the jump for the full list) but hopefully more will follow along in the near future.
- New York: City Cinemas 1, 2 & 3, Angelika Film Center, East 86th Street Cinemas, Village East Cinema, Beekman Theatre, The Paris Theatre.
- New Jersey: Manville 12 Plex.
- Houston: Angelika Film Center.
- Dallas/Plano: Angelika Dallas; Angelika Plano.
- San Diego: La Mesa Grossmont Center, Clairemont Town Square Stadium.
- Bakersfield: Valley Plaza 16.
- Sonoma County: Rohnert Park 16.
- Hawaii: Ward Stadium, Kahala Theater, Kapolei 16, Mililani Stadium.