The legal battle that started back in March between BlackBerry and Facebook has now escalated to Facebook returning legal fire in claims that BlackBerry infringed several Facebook patents covering voice messaging, GPS data and more. The complaint, filed on Tuesday, highlights six patents.
- 8,429,231 - Voice instant messaging
- 7,567,575 - Personalized multimedia services using a mobile service platform
- 6,356,841 - G.P.S. management system
- 7,228,432 - Method and apparatus for providing security for a computer system
- 6,744,759 - System and method for providing user-configured telephone service in a data network telephony system
- 7,302,698 - Operation of trusted state in a computing platform
As expected, the 118-page complaint goes through each patent and provides examples of infringement in detail. For most of the patents, it looks like Facebook is concentrating on BlackBerry's Enterprise offerings as BBM Enterprise and BlackBerry Radar make up a lot of the complaints. You can check out the full filing below.
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.