Facebook for BlackBerry has again been updated in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. This time is gets another small refresh as well as some much wanted features. The latest beta includes enhanced notifications, BBM integration, a touch toolbar and much more. Features of the beta include:
- Enhanced Notifications - Get Notified of ‘Likes' We've made several improvements to notifications; the first is that you'll be now be notified of polled items (that is, notifications that aren't delivered through BlackBerry® push technology), such as ‘Likes' and Event Wall posts. The notification will even tell you who and what was ‘Liked', so you'll never miss a beat in your social life. By default, polled notifications will be set to a one-hour frequency but you can check as often as you like by selecting Refresh from the Menu.
- Cross-Channel Messaging - Share Facebook Content across BlackBerry Messaging Applications
- Enhanced Integration with BlackBerry Native Apps - Building on enhanced integration with native BlackBerry smartphone apps, which was introduced with the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones v2.0 beta refresh, Facebook v2.0 now includes additional messaging options from the ‘More' button within a Profile and from the Friends list.
- In-App Error Reporting - If you haven't already downloaded the BlackBerry Feedback Tool from BlackBerry App World, you can install it through the Menu in the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones app. The BlackBerry Feedback Tool can be used to send feedback on BlackBerry smartphone features, functions and applications at any time and is currently available in English only.
- Touch Toolbar - BlackBerry smartphone users with a touch screen device will now have Compose, Reply and Delete icons located along the bottom of the device screen in the Facebook Inbox for quick and easy access to these popular features.
The latest version is available in the BlackBerry Beta Zone today. If you haven't yet registered you can do so from the link below.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.